Cops: Man tries to kidnap girl, 8, on SW Side
September 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Residents in Chicago's Little Village community are being told to be alert after the attempted kidnapping of a child Wednesday.
Chicago police tell ABC7 a man in his 30s approached a child in the 3500-block of West 27th Street at about 5:30 p.m. The victim said the man asked if he could talk her, followed her to an alley, grabbed her by the arm and tried to pull her into a garage.
The young victim managed to escape and run to safety.
The man is described as 30-35 years old, 5'5" - 5'7", 130-150 lbs., with an olive complexion and a mustache.
He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and appeared "dirty," police say.
- CPS school closures begin
- Body recovered from Lake Michigan near Oakwood 37 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos