Thefts of SUV third row seats on the rise
October 20, 2012 (WLS) -- There has been a spike in thefts of third row of seats inside SUVs.
In one theft in Texas, three thieves broke into the back of the SUV just moments after the owner locked the vehicle. The thieves climbed in and within 40 seconds, all three seats were out.
Police say crooks can get $1000 cash for the seats at many salvage yards or online.
Texas and California are seeing the highest level of seat thefts.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake