Thefts of SUV third row seats on the rise
October 20, 2012 (WLS) -- There has been a spike in thefts of third row of seats inside SUVs.
In one theft in Texas, three thieves broke into the back of the SUV just moments after the owner locked the vehicle. The thieves climbed in and within 40 seconds, all three seats were out.
Police say crooks can get $1000 cash for the seats at many salvage yards or online.
Texas and California are seeing the highest level of seat thefts.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 35 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor