Wounded soldiers honored with scholarships for their children
October 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Men and women who have served in the U.S. military were honored with more than $1.5 million in scholarships for their children.
The Chicago Dinner for the Gravely Wounded took place at the Four Seasons Hotel in the Gold Coast Tuesday evening.
The event honored Marine and Navy Corpsmen that have been injured in combat. It was hosted by the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking