Wounded soldiers honored with scholarships for their children
October 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Men and women who have served in the U.S. military were honored with more than $1.5 million in scholarships for their children.
The Chicago Dinner for the Gravely Wounded took place at the Four Seasons Hotel in the Gold Coast Tuesday evening.
The event honored Marine and Navy Corpsmen that have been injured in combat. It was hosted by the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 44 min ago
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77