Hostess expects to split up snack cakes in sale
December 21, 2012 -- Twinkies, Wonder Bread and Devil Dogs are likely to return to shelves in coming months, but probably not under the same owners.
Hostess Brands Inc. said in bankruptcy court Friday that it's narrowing down the bids it received for its brands and expects to sell off its snack cakes and bread brands such as Wonder to separate buyers.
An investment banker for the company said a likely suitor has emerged to buy the namesake Hostess brand, which include Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos, along with Dolly Madison, which includes Zingers and Coffee Cakes. He said a separate bidder has emerged as a possible buyer for Drake's cakes, which includes Devil Dogs and Yodels.
Hostess, based in Irving, Texas, began shuttering its operations late last month.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos