Daughter who allegedly stabbed South Chicago mother to death will appear in court
January 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 25-year-old woman accused of stabbing her mother to death in the South Chicago neighborhood has been charged with first-degree murder, police said.
When authorities got to the home at 83rd and Kingston, they found 55-year-old Angela Welch, who had been stabbed multiple times.
Police say the daughter, identified as Lonika Welch, fled the scene. She was later arrested.
Her mother was taken to a hospital, where she died.
Welch will appear in bond court Monday.
Police said the stabbing occurred during a domestic dispute.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 18 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- ABC7 to Go Digital Newscast April 18, 2014
24 min ago