Daughter who allegedly stabbed South Chicago mother to death will appear in court
January 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 25-year-old woman accused of stabbing her mother to death in the South Chicago neighborhood has been charged with first-degree murder, police said.
When authorities got to the home at 83rd and Kingston, they found 55-year-old Angela Welch, who had been stabbed multiple times.
Police say the daughter, identified as Lonika Welch, fled the scene. She was later arrested.
Her mother was taken to a hospital, where she died.
Welch will appear in bond court Monday.
Police said the stabbing occurred during a domestic dispute.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 15 min ago
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 31 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 16 min ago
- Bank robbery suspect tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 6 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- Bubonic plague claims 32 lives in Madagascar 15 min ago
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
31 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
15 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
16 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos