Police search for mom of abandoned baby
January 7, 2013 (EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill.) -- Police are looking for a former East St. Louis woman whose baby was found abandoned in St. Louis County.
The (Belleville) News-Democrat reports that 30-year-old Ebony Jackson left her Oklahoma home Wednesday morning to visit relatives in St. Louis and East St. Louis, Ill., but never returned.
Her 3-month-old son, Donovan Prom, was found in a St. Louis County apartment building on Friday.
Police say the infant was left in the apartment's hallway, strapped in his car seat with a full bottle of milk. He wasn't injured.
Family members fear foul play was involved in Jackson's disappearance, but they also don't know if she had medical issues.
Jackson was last seen in Oklahoma by her boyfriend, who's also the baby's father.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney