Police search for mom of abandoned baby
January 7, 2013 (EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill.) -- Police are looking for a former East St. Louis woman whose baby was found abandoned in St. Louis County.
The (Belleville) News-Democrat reports that 30-year-old Ebony Jackson left her Oklahoma home Wednesday morning to visit relatives in St. Louis and East St. Louis, Ill., but never returned.
Her 3-month-old son, Donovan Prom, was found in a St. Louis County apartment building on Friday.
Police say the infant was left in the apartment's hallway, strapped in his car seat with a full bottle of milk. He wasn't injured.
Family members fear foul play was involved in Jackson's disappearance, but they also don't know if she had medical issues.
Jackson was last seen in Oklahoma by her boyfriend, who's also the baby's father.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD