Police search for mom of abandoned baby
January 7, 2013 (EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill.) -- Police are looking for a former East St. Louis woman whose baby was found abandoned in St. Louis County.
The (Belleville) News-Democrat reports that 30-year-old Ebony Jackson left her Oklahoma home Wednesday morning to visit relatives in St. Louis and East St. Louis, Ill., but never returned.
Her 3-month-old son, Donovan Prom, was found in a St. Louis County apartment building on Friday.
Police say the infant was left in the apartment's hallway, strapped in his car seat with a full bottle of milk. He wasn't injured.
Family members fear foul play was involved in Jackson's disappearance, but they also don't know if she had medical issues.
Jackson was last seen in Oklahoma by her boyfriend, who's also the baby's father.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store 31 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 13 min ago
- City: Kup statue not stolen, out for repairs 35 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Western closed St. Paul to Mofftt over weekend
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 23 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging