Drugs, guns seized, 21 arrested in Chicago drug ring bust spanning 3 states
June 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police and federal agents say they have broken a Midwest drug ring. The investigation started last September.
Thursday morning, the Chicago Police, the Drug Enforcement Agency and others searched 9 homes and two cars, and seized heroin, cocaine, cash and guns. Twenty-three people have been charged and twenty-one are in custody.
"Removing narcotics from our communities is an essential part of our strategy to continue reducing violence and crime in the City of Chicago," said Supt. Garry McCarthy, Chicago Police Department.
Investigators say the drugs were being distributed in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. The suspects all face federal narcotics charges.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos