Drugs, guns seized, 21 arrested in Chicago drug ring bust spanning 3 states
June 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police and federal agents say they have broken a Midwest drug ring. The investigation started last September.
Thursday morning, the Chicago Police, the Drug Enforcement Agency and others searched 9 homes and two cars, and seized heroin, cocaine, cash and guns. Twenty-three people have been charged and twenty-one are in custody.
"Removing narcotics from our communities is an essential part of our strategy to continue reducing violence and crime in the City of Chicago," said Supt. Garry McCarthy, Chicago Police Department.
Investigators say the drugs were being distributed in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. The suspects all face federal narcotics charges.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 34 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 38 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum 58 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
37 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
34 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
2 min ago