Teen boy dead after canoe overturns in Harvard retention pond
July 8, 2013 (HARVARD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 12-year-old boy has died after falling into a pond, and at least one person has been pulled from the water in the northwest suburbs on Monday night. The age and condition of the individual who was rescued have not been released.
The three boys were canoeing in a retention pond when their canoe capsized.
One boy was rescued by a bystander, and another held onto the canoe until the fire department reached him.
Stay tuned to ABC7 at 4:30 a.m. for more on this developing story.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 19 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages 38 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos