Teen boy dead after canoe overturns in Harvard retention pond
July 8, 2013 (HARVARD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 12-year-old boy has died after falling into a pond, and at least one person has been pulled from the water in the northwest suburbs on Monday night. The age and condition of the individual who was rescued have not been released.
The three boys were canoeing in a retention pond when their canoe capsized.
One boy was rescued by a bystander, and another held onto the canoe until the fire department reached him.
Stay tuned to ABC7 at 4:30 a.m. for more on this developing story.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 8 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 11 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
37 min ago