Andy Griffith runs for Wis. sheriff
October 18, 2006 (WLS) -- Andy Griffith is running for sheriff in Grant County, Wisconsin.
William Fenrick legally changed his name to Andy Griffith in the hopes that name recognition would win the race for sheriff. A music store owner, Griffith said he hopes the name will draw attention -- and votes.
"What I wanted to do was bring attention to his sheriff's race and the only way that I could think of to do it, or actually the best way, that I could think of doing it was changing my name to Andy Griffith," said Griffith, formerly known as William Fenrick.
Griffith plans to keep the music store if he doesn't win the election.
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond 42 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M 51 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- 7 in :77
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
55 min ago