Andy Griffith runs for Wis. sheriff
October 18, 2006 (WLS) -- Andy Griffith is running for sheriff in Grant County, Wisconsin.
William Fenrick legally changed his name to Andy Griffith in the hopes that name recognition would win the race for sheriff. A music store owner, Griffith said he hopes the name will draw attention -- and votes.
"What I wanted to do was bring attention to his sheriff's race and the only way that I could think of to do it, or actually the best way, that I could think of doing it was changing my name to Andy Griffith," said Griffith, formerly known as William Fenrick.
Griffith plans to keep the music store if he doesn't win the election.
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 10 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 43 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 10 min ago
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor