UFO sighting in Chicago mystery solved?
April 3, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mysterious lights spotted Saturday night in Chicago were actually part of a memorial to victims of child abuse.
Nicole Dragozetich was driving down 35th Street and Western at approximately 8 p.m. Saturday when she noticed at least a dozen people stopped in their tracks, staring at the sky.
She used her cell phone to shoot video of what everyone was watching.
Renee Hutchinson, who started the Baby James Foundation, explained the lights were actually sky lanterns released in memory of abuse victims.
"You light the bottom of them and they heat up, and as they heat up, they fill up like hot air balloons and they go into the sky," Hutchinson said.
Hutchinson said police officers even stopped by to see what was going on.
She says this has been an unusual way to get attention for her cause.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses... 23 min ago
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay... 44 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos