UFO sighting in Chicago mystery solved?
April 3, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mysterious lights spotted Saturday night in Chicago were actually part of a memorial to victims of child abuse.
Nicole Dragozetich was driving down 35th Street and Western at approximately 8 p.m. Saturday when she noticed at least a dozen people stopped in their tracks, staring at the sky.
She used her cell phone to shoot video of what everyone was watching.
Renee Hutchinson, who started the Baby James Foundation, explained the lights were actually sky lanterns released in memory of abuse victims.
"You light the bottom of them and they heat up, and as they heat up, they fill up like hot air balloons and they go into the sky," Hutchinson said.
Hutchinson said police officers even stopped by to see what was going on.
She says this has been an unusual way to get attention for her cause.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 40 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 39 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 30 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead 11 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 26 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77