Portable toilet blocks Tri-State traffic
July 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some early commuters experienced slight delays northbound on the Tri-State Tollway Wednesday after a portable toilet fell off of a truck and blocked at least one lane.
It happened near the North Avenue exit.
State police responded, closed off more lanes to traffic and pushed the bathroom off to the shoulder at approximately 5:50 a.m.
Traffic returned to normal shortly thereafter.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 50 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 6 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway 23 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial draws Obama to South Africa
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
56 min ago
- ABC7 To Go, December 9, 2013
27 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey to be...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos