Portable toilet blocks Tri-State traffic
July 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some early commuters experienced slight delays northbound on the Tri-State Tollway Wednesday after a portable toilet fell off of a truck and blocked at least one lane.
It happened near the North Avenue exit.
State police responded, closed off more lanes to traffic and pushed the bathroom off to the shoulder at approximately 5:50 a.m.
Traffic returned to normal shortly thereafter.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 25 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 9 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 40 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 19 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 46 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits