Portable toilet blocks Tri-State traffic
July 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some early commuters experienced slight delays northbound on the Tri-State Tollway Wednesday after a portable toilet fell off of a truck and blocked at least one lane.
It happened near the North Avenue exit.
State police responded, closed off more lanes to traffic and pushed the bathroom off to the shoulder at approximately 5:50 a.m.
Traffic returned to normal shortly thereafter.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits