Portable toilet blocks Tri-State traffic
July 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some early commuters experienced slight delays northbound on the Tri-State Tollway Wednesday after a portable toilet fell off of a truck and blocked at least one lane.
It happened near the North Avenue exit.
State police responded, closed off more lanes to traffic and pushed the bathroom off to the shoulder at approximately 5:50 a.m.
Traffic returned to normal shortly thereafter.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos