Mich. bride arrested again after missing court
July 20, 2011 (JACKSON, Mich.) -- Authorities say a new bride arrested in Michigan on a 3-year-old warrant and briefly jailed wearing her wedding dress was picked up again after missing her day in court.
The Jackson Citizen Patriot reports 53-year-old Tammy Lee Hinton failed to appear in Jackson County District Court on Monday. The warrant was for felony identity theft charges.
The newspaper says Blackman-Leoni Township police got word she was being released from Allegiance Health hospital on Tuesday and arrested her.
Police say they believe Hinton has been living in Florida. They received two tips that she would be Michigan for Saturday's wedding.
Police arrested Hinton Saturday on the felony warrant, and booked and released her after less than about 30 minutes.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Schaumburg couple survived Oklahoma tornado
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos