Happy National Toilet Paper Day
Friday, August 26, 2011
August 26, 2011 (WLS) -- Friday is National Toilet Paper Day -- impress your friends with these facts in between visits to the restroom to celebrate.
According to the online Toilet Paper Encyclopedia:
- 69 percent of people name toilet paper as the 20th Century "convenience" most taken for granted.
- 49 percent choose toilet paper as their "necessity" if stranded on a deserted island -- that's ahead of food!
- 72 percent of people hang the roll with sheets going *over* not under.
- Wiping your nose is the second most common use for toilet paper. The first is obvious.
- In public restrooms, it takes an average of 71 people to use one entire roll.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 57 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 42 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos