Happy National Toilet Paper Day
Friday, August 26, 2011
August 26, 2011 (WLS) -- Friday is National Toilet Paper Day -- impress your friends with these facts in between visits to the restroom to celebrate.
According to the online Toilet Paper Encyclopedia:
- 69 percent of people name toilet paper as the 20th Century "convenience" most taken for granted.
- 49 percent choose toilet paper as their "necessity" if stranded on a deserted island -- that's ahead of food!
- 72 percent of people hang the roll with sheets going *over* not under.
- Wiping your nose is the second most common use for toilet paper. The first is obvious.
- In public restrooms, it takes an average of 71 people to use one entire roll.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos