Happy National Toilet Paper Day
Friday, August 26, 2011
August 26, 2011 (WLS) -- Friday is National Toilet Paper Day -- impress your friends with these facts in between visits to the restroom to celebrate.
According to the online Toilet Paper Encyclopedia:
- 69 percent of people name toilet paper as the 20th Century "convenience" most taken for granted.
- 49 percent choose toilet paper as their "necessity" if stranded on a deserted island -- that's ahead of food!
- 72 percent of people hang the roll with sheets going *over* not under.
- Wiping your nose is the second most common use for toilet paper. The first is obvious.
- In public restrooms, it takes an average of 71 people to use one entire roll.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies 17 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 14 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti 36 min ago
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- CPD adds bikes to "Operation Impact" foot...
14 min ago
- 7 in :77