Happy National Toilet Paper Day
Friday, August 26, 2011
August 26, 2011 (WLS) -- Friday is National Toilet Paper Day -- impress your friends with these facts in between visits to the restroom to celebrate.
According to the online Toilet Paper Encyclopedia:
- 69 percent of people name toilet paper as the 20th Century "convenience" most taken for granted.
- 49 percent choose toilet paper as their "necessity" if stranded on a deserted island -- that's ahead of food!
- 72 percent of people hang the roll with sheets going *over* not under.
- Wiping your nose is the second most common use for toilet paper. The first is obvious.
- In public restrooms, it takes an average of 71 people to use one entire roll.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates