Harvard study: Beautiful women are like drugs
September 30, 2011 (WLS) -- A beautiful woman's face is like chocolate, cash or cocaine to a young man's brain, at least that's what Harvard research shows.
The brain-imaging study reveals that young men looking at a lovely young woman can set off the "reward center."
When shown pictures of various faces, only the females deemed beautiful triggered activity in brain regions previously associated with food, drugs and money.
Even when those males looked at attractive men's faces, the response was clearly different. The women triggered the "reward" factor, and the desire for more of that "view."
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos