Plane full of pot abandoned in Texas
November 22, 2011 (HOUSTON) (WLS) -- In Texas, a plane full of pot is abandoned, and police still can't trace who's responsible.
Someone landed the twin-engine aircraft at the Houston Executive Airport and disappeared into the night.
Investigators found marijuana inside but no crew or passengers. Officials say the pilot had refused to talk to the control tower. The plane's nose went down in the airfield, and he skidded off into the grass.
Authorities are now waiting to see if anyone returns to try and retrieve the contraband.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos