Starbucks opens first ski-thru location
February 14, 2012 (SQUAW VALLEY, Calif.) (WLS) -- Skiers in California's Squaw Valley can now grab an easy pick-me-up between runs. Starbucks has opened its first-in-the-world ski-thru location there.
It sits on the mountain at an elevation of 8,000 feet.
You don't even have to get off the trails: Just ski over, grab a coffee, and then get back on the chair lift.
The ski-thru Starbucks will be open daily through the winter season, weather permitting.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 28 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 55 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77