Starbucks opens first ski-thru location
February 14, 2012 (SQUAW VALLEY, Calif.) (WLS) -- Skiers in California's Squaw Valley can now grab an easy pick-me-up between runs. Starbucks has opened its first-in-the-world ski-thru location there.
It sits on the mountain at an elevation of 8,000 feet.
You don't even have to get off the trails: Just ski over, grab a coffee, and then get back on the chair lift.
The ski-thru Starbucks will be open daily through the winter season, weather permitting.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 5 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas