White House typo has Biden headed to 'Road Island'
February 22, 2012 (PROVIDENCE, R.I.) -- The vice president is hitting the road -- to what the White House wrote as "Road Island," mistakenly spelled R-O-A-D instead of R-H-O-D-E.
A release outlining Joe Biden's plans for the week showed him traveling to Providence in misspelled "Road Island" on Thursday for a campaign event. The vice president is scheduled to visit Boston and Manchester, N.H., on the same day. No misspellings there.
An updated schedule sent out by the White House on Monday night noted the correct spelling of the state.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney