Duck crashes into school bus windshield
April 17, 2012 (FAYETTEVILLE, N.C.) -- A duck smashed through the windshield of a Cumberland County school bus Tuesday morning as it was on its way to deliver students to Elizabeth Cashwell Elementary School.
It happened about 7:30 a.m. on Wilmington Highway just past Arnette Park.
The bird knocked a hole through the reinforced glass and hit the bus driver in the chest.
Amazingly, the duck survived and was taken away by a N.C. Wildlife Resources officer.
The bus driver suffered some scratches. None of the 10 students on the bus were hurt.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 27 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 55 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 3 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
55 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
3 min ago