Duck crashes into school bus windshield
April 17, 2012 (FAYETTEVILLE, N.C.) -- A duck smashed through the windshield of a Cumberland County school bus Tuesday morning as it was on its way to deliver students to Elizabeth Cashwell Elementary School.
It happened about 7:30 a.m. on Wilmington Highway just past Arnette Park.
The bird knocked a hole through the reinforced glass and hit the bus driver in the chest.
Amazingly, the duck survived and was taken away by a N.C. Wildlife Resources officer.
The bus driver suffered some scratches. None of the 10 students on the bus were hurt.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 11 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits