Duck crashes into school bus windshield
April 17, 2012 (FAYETTEVILLE, N.C.) -- A duck smashed through the windshield of a Cumberland County school bus Tuesday morning as it was on its way to deliver students to Elizabeth Cashwell Elementary School.
It happened about 7:30 a.m. on Wilmington Highway just past Arnette Park.
The bird knocked a hole through the reinforced glass and hit the bus driver in the chest.
Amazingly, the duck survived and was taken away by a N.C. Wildlife Resources officer.
The bus driver suffered some scratches. None of the 10 students on the bus were hurt.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body 53 min ago
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars' 35 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos