90-year-old Missouri woman goes skydiving
June 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An elderly Missouri woman checked off jumping out of an airplane off her bucket list.
This past weekend, Rosebud Gard, 90, got do to something she'd always dreamed off. She got into a plane near Kansas City and took a leap from 14,000 feet for a tandem sky dive.
After a minute of free fall, then several more minutes with the chute open, she glided safely back to earth.
Rosebud says for the past 20 years, she's been crossing things off her bucket list.
"I wanted to go on a hot air balloon. I got to do that on my 70th birthday. I wanted to go on a cruise. I wanted to parasail. I did that in 1995," she said.
While skydiving was the last item on her list, the 90-year-olds says she is still looking for other adventures to try.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos