90-year-old Missouri woman goes skydiving
June 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An elderly Missouri woman checked off jumping out of an airplane off her bucket list.
This past weekend, Rosebud Gard, 90, got do to something she'd always dreamed off. She got into a plane near Kansas City and took a leap from 14,000 feet for a tandem sky dive.
After a minute of free fall, then several more minutes with the chute open, she glided safely back to earth.
Rosebud says for the past 20 years, she's been crossing things off her bucket list.
"I wanted to go on a hot air balloon. I got to do that on my 70th birthday. I wanted to go on a cruise. I wanted to parasail. I did that in 1995," she said.
While skydiving was the last item on her list, the 90-year-olds says she is still looking for other adventures to try.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 40 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 53 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 39 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds 56 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos