90-year-old Missouri woman goes skydiving
June 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An elderly Missouri woman checked off jumping out of an airplane off her bucket list.
This past weekend, Rosebud Gard, 90, got do to something she'd always dreamed off. She got into a plane near Kansas City and took a leap from 14,000 feet for a tandem sky dive.
After a minute of free fall, then several more minutes with the chute open, she glided safely back to earth.
Rosebud says for the past 20 years, she's been crossing things off her bucket list.
"I wanted to go on a hot air balloon. I got to do that on my 70th birthday. I wanted to go on a cruise. I wanted to parasail. I did that in 1995," she said.
While skydiving was the last item on her list, the 90-year-olds says she is still looking for other adventures to try.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- NIU hazing death case in court 40 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 34 min ago
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos