90-year-old Missouri woman goes skydiving
June 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An elderly Missouri woman checked off jumping out of an airplane off her bucket list.
This past weekend, Rosebud Gard, 90, got do to something she'd always dreamed off. She got into a plane near Kansas City and took a leap from 14,000 feet for a tandem sky dive.
After a minute of free fall, then several more minutes with the chute open, she glided safely back to earth.
Rosebud says for the past 20 years, she's been crossing things off her bucket list.
"I wanted to go on a hot air balloon. I got to do that on my 70th birthday. I wanted to go on a cruise. I wanted to parasail. I did that in 1995," she said.
While skydiving was the last item on her list, the 90-year-olds says she is still looking for other adventures to try.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 32 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos