90-year-old Missouri woman goes skydiving
June 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An elderly Missouri woman checked off jumping out of an airplane off her bucket list.
This past weekend, Rosebud Gard, 90, got do to something she'd always dreamed off. She got into a plane near Kansas City and took a leap from 14,000 feet for a tandem sky dive.
After a minute of free fall, then several more minutes with the chute open, she glided safely back to earth.
Rosebud says for the past 20 years, she's been crossing things off her bucket list.
"I wanted to go on a hot air balloon. I got to do that on my 70th birthday. I wanted to go on a cruise. I wanted to parasail. I did that in 1995," she said.
While skydiving was the last item on her list, the 90-year-olds says she is still looking for other adventures to try.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 9 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout