11-year-old car thief can barely see over the wheel
June 25, 2012 (ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) (WLS) -- Shocking video shows a police bait car being stolen by an 11-year-old boy who was so brazen he even picked up some friends for the joyride.
The 11-year-old could barely see over the steering wheel but that didn't stop him.
It happened in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
At one point, the boys all crouched down after one thought he saw a police officer. They even got out of the car to hide but then got back in and kept going.
The boys were caught and face criminal charges in juvenile court.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 11 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus 52 min ago