11-year-old car thief can barely see over the wheel
June 25, 2012 (ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) (WLS) -- Shocking video shows a police bait car being stolen by an 11-year-old boy who was so brazen he even picked up some friends for the joyride.
The 11-year-old could barely see over the steering wheel but that didn't stop him.
It happened in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
At one point, the boys all crouched down after one thought he saw a police officer. They even got out of the car to hide but then got back in and kept going.
The boys were caught and face criminal charges in juvenile court.
- CPS school closures begin
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials recover body from Lake Michigan near Oakwood 16 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday 10 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos