Watermelons spill on Dan Ryan at Stevenson; ramp reopened
July 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you've ever dropped a piece of watermelon on your floor, you have an idea of what crews faced Monday on the inbound Dan Ryan ramp to the outbound Stevenson Expressway.
IDOT workers shut down the ramp to clean up after approximately 49,000 lbs. of watermelon spilled onto the roadway when a semi-truck carrying the fruit split in half, sending the watermelons rolling all over.
Crews responded and worked overnight to get rid of the mess.
The ramp reopened just before 6 a.m. Monday.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 15 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos