Watermelons spill on Dan Ryan at Stevenson; ramp reopened
July 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you've ever dropped a piece of watermelon on your floor, you have an idea of what crews faced Monday on the inbound Dan Ryan ramp to the outbound Stevenson Expressway.
IDOT workers shut down the ramp to clean up after approximately 49,000 lbs. of watermelon spilled onto the roadway when a semi-truck carrying the fruit split in half, sending the watermelons rolling all over.
Crews responded and worked overnight to get rid of the mess.
The ramp reopened just before 6 a.m. Monday.
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Last-minute fortune seekers buy Powerball tickets 49 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb 58 min ago
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured 59 min ago
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety 17 min ago
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- Last-minute fortune seekers buy Powerball...
49 min ago