Man uses blowtorch to 'exterminate' spiders, sets house on fire
July 13, 2012 (CHICO, Calif.) (WLS) -- A homeowner took some very drastic measures to get rid of spiders.
Pictures show what happened when a man in Chico, California, used a blowtorch to clear out spider webs in his yard.
The flames ignited some dry plants, and then spread, setting the house on fire.
The family got out safely.
About $25,000 in damage resulted from the "extermination" method.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 20 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 3 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 42 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 33 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos