Man uses blowtorch to 'exterminate' spiders, sets house on fire
July 13, 2012 (CHICO, Calif.) (WLS) -- A homeowner took some very drastic measures to get rid of spiders.
Pictures show what happened when a man in Chico, California, used a blowtorch to clear out spider webs in his yard.
The flames ignited some dry plants, and then spread, setting the house on fire.
The family got out safely.
About $25,000 in damage resulted from the "extermination" method.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 35 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- Swimming pools upgrade project moving forward
- Blagojevich begins 3rd year in prison 48 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 39 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years...
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz... 25 min ago
- Mujeres Latinas en Acción: Voces...
9 min ago