Man uses blowtorch to 'exterminate' spiders, sets house on fire
July 13, 2012 (CHICO, Calif.) (WLS) -- A homeowner took some very drastic measures to get rid of spiders.
Pictures show what happened when a man in Chico, California, used a blowtorch to clear out spider webs in his yard.
The flames ignited some dry plants, and then spread, setting the house on fire.
The family got out safely.
About $25,000 in damage resulted from the "extermination" method.
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos