Man uses blowtorch to 'exterminate' spiders, sets house on fire
July 13, 2012 (CHICO, Calif.) (WLS) -- A homeowner took some very drastic measures to get rid of spiders.
Pictures show what happened when a man in Chico, California, used a blowtorch to clear out spider webs in his yard.
The flames ignited some dry plants, and then spread, setting the house on fire.
The family got out safely.
About $25,000 in damage resulted from the "extermination" method.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns 2 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77