Smoking orangutan trying to kick the habit
July 27, 2012 (WLS) -- Zookeepers in Indonesia have moved a smoking orangutan to a new location to help her kick the habit.
Tori the 15-year-old orangutan has smoked cigarettes for a decade.
Visitors to the zoo toss her cigarettes to watch her puff away and flick ashes on the ground.
There are signs telling people to not give the animals food or tobacco.
Tori and her male partner have been relocated to an area away from zoo visitors in an effort to improve the welfare of the animals.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 42 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race 37 min ago
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 8 min ago