Smoking orangutan trying to kick the habit
July 27, 2012 (WLS) -- Zookeepers in Indonesia have moved a smoking orangutan to a new location to help her kick the habit.
Tori the 15-year-old orangutan has smoked cigarettes for a decade.
Visitors to the zoo toss her cigarettes to watch her puff away and flick ashes on the ground.
There are signs telling people to not give the animals food or tobacco.
Tori and her male partner have been relocated to an area away from zoo visitors in an effort to improve the welfare of the animals.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 7 min ago
- Mega Millions numbers drawing yields 2 winning tickets
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 21 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 45 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe 50 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 6 min ago
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
7 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket...
21 min ago