Man orders new TV, gets military-grade rifle
August 9, 2012 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- A man in Washington, D.C., anxiously awaiting delivery of his new flat-screen TV got a shocking surprise when a high-powered rifle arrived instead.
The UPS truck showed up at the home of Seth Horvitz for the delivery. He'd ordered a TV from Amazon.com. But when he opened the box it contained a military-grade weapon.
The label had Seth's name and address, but the invoice inside was made out to a gun store in Pennsylvania. He called the police, who came and confiscated the rifle. It's a top-of-the-line, high-caliber, semi-automatic that sells for more than $2,000.
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home 52 min ago
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- Mega Millions jackpot up to $291 million 44 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ventra progress report shows major improvement
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Meningitis at other universities puts NU on alert
- Chicago Dearborn bike lane rated best in America
- Official shaves 40-year-old mustache for cancer awareness
- Cyber Safety Tips During the Holidays
- Chicago boasts nation's best doughnut in web ranking
- SW Side teen recants story about alley sex assault
- William Cellini to be released from prison
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- 7 in :77
- Officials try to ID body near missing...
52 min ago