Moose tangled up in swing set
August 9, 2012 (OGDEN, Utah) (WLS) -- A Utah deputy rescued a moose in distress after the animal got tangled in a swing set.
On Sunday, Sergeant Lane Findlay found himself face to face with the moose. He handed his cell phone to an onlooker to record the whole thing.
At first, Findlay called wildlife officials for help. They told him it could take up to an hour to get someone there.
So the sergeant took matters into his own hands -- and used bolt cutters to free the animal one chain link at a time. After several tries, the moose finally pulled free and ran off with minor injuries.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits