Man drops ring through boardwalk during proposal
August 15, 2012 (WLS) -- A New York man brings the woman he wants to make his bride to the beach to propose, but the plan goes horribly wrong.
Kye Weaver has been saving his salary for months to buy the one karat solitaire for his girlfriend Kerry.
He took her to the shore on a moonlit night, got down on one knee, popped the question and dropped the ring. It fell between the cracks of the boardwalk, landing 20 feet below.
The couple rushed down and started searching, and sympathetic passersby joined the effort. After three hours -- success!
The ring was found right after Kerry's mom told her to pray to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost causes.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night 13 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos