Man drops ring through boardwalk during proposal
August 15, 2012 (WLS) -- A New York man brings the woman he wants to make his bride to the beach to propose, but the plan goes horribly wrong.
Kye Weaver has been saving his salary for months to buy the one karat solitaire for his girlfriend Kerry.
He took her to the shore on a moonlit night, got down on one knee, popped the question and dropped the ring. It fell between the cracks of the boardwalk, landing 20 feet below.
The couple rushed down and started searching, and sympathetic passersby joined the effort. After three hours -- success!
The ring was found right after Kerry's mom told her to pray to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost causes.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 54 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos