Man drops ring through boardwalk during proposal
August 15, 2012 (WLS) -- A New York man brings the woman he wants to make his bride to the beach to propose, but the plan goes horribly wrong.
Kye Weaver has been saving his salary for months to buy the one karat solitaire for his girlfriend Kerry.
He took her to the shore on a moonlit night, got down on one knee, popped the question and dropped the ring. It fell between the cracks of the boardwalk, landing 20 feet below.
The couple rushed down and started searching, and sympathetic passersby joined the effort. After three hours -- success!
The ring was found right after Kerry's mom told her to pray to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost causes.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese 56 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand