Texas grandma fights off robber with a fork
August 20, 2012 (HOUSTON) (WLS) -- A brave 73-year-old woman used scissors and a fork to defend her Houston home when a suspect tried to break in.
Margaret Jackson says her dog heard something outside, so she looked out the window and saw a teenager in the backyard.
Jackson grabbed scissors and a barbeque fork for protection. She stabbed the suspect in the neck with the fork.
Jackson says she would be happy to teach others how to fight off criminals.
"They want to learn how to use the fork, I can teach self defense in the fork," Jackson said. "He was pushing on me. He turned around. And when he turned around, that's when he messed up. I got him right in the neck."
Jackson says, if she ever finds herself in this type of situation again, she will call police.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 40 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 28 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos