Texas grandma fights off robber with a fork
August 20, 2012 (HOUSTON) (WLS) -- A brave 73-year-old woman used scissors and a fork to defend her Houston home when a suspect tried to break in.
Margaret Jackson says her dog heard something outside, so she looked out the window and saw a teenager in the backyard.
Jackson grabbed scissors and a barbeque fork for protection. She stabbed the suspect in the neck with the fork.
Jackson says she would be happy to teach others how to fight off criminals.
"They want to learn how to use the fork, I can teach self defense in the fork," Jackson said. "He was pushing on me. He turned around. And when he turned around, that's when he messed up. I got him right in the neck."
Jackson says, if she ever finds herself in this type of situation again, she will call police.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship