Texas grandma fights off robber with a fork
August 20, 2012 (HOUSTON) (WLS) -- A brave 73-year-old woman used scissors and a fork to defend her Houston home when a suspect tried to break in.
Margaret Jackson says her dog heard something outside, so she looked out the window and saw a teenager in the backyard.
Jackson grabbed scissors and a barbeque fork for protection. She stabbed the suspect in the neck with the fork.
Jackson says she would be happy to teach others how to fight off criminals.
"They want to learn how to use the fork, I can teach self defense in the fork," Jackson said. "He was pushing on me. He turned around. And when he turned around, that's when he messed up. I got him right in the neck."
Jackson says, if she ever finds herself in this type of situation again, she will call police.
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial 32 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 17 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space 33 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Coast Guard cutter Mobile Bay goes to work...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos