Texas grandma fights off robber with a fork
August 20, 2012 (HOUSTON) (WLS) -- A brave 73-year-old woman used scissors and a fork to defend her Houston home when a suspect tried to break in.
Margaret Jackson says her dog heard something outside, so she looked out the window and saw a teenager in the backyard.
Jackson grabbed scissors and a barbeque fork for protection. She stabbed the suspect in the neck with the fork.
Jackson says she would be happy to teach others how to fight off criminals.
"They want to learn how to use the fork, I can teach self defense in the fork," Jackson said. "He was pushing on me. He turned around. And when he turned around, that's when he messed up. I got him right in the neck."
Jackson says, if she ever finds herself in this type of situation again, she will call police.
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade 41 min ago
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night 31 min ago
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
16 min ago
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day...
41 min ago
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos