Jetpack Wedding: Couple zooms down watery aisle
August 24, 2012 (NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.) (WLS) -- A California bride and groom made quite a splash at their wedding when they made their way down the watery aisle using jetpacks.
Amanda Volf and Grant Engler wore the water-powered packs as they tied the knot in Newport Beach.
Volf is a former wedding planner from Michigan, and she says she just wanted to do something different. So the couple donned the $90,000 contraptions along with a wetsuit for the groom and white board shorts and a rash-guard shirt for the bride.
"I never really dreamed of my wedding, but if I did I think this would be it," Volf said.
The couple is honeymooning in Costa Rica. They plan to try zip lining there. No word if they're bringing the jetpacks.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 57 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 48 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player 28 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 47 min ago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions 18 min ago
- Mom honors son, hands out toys at Lurie Children's Hospital 7 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks 25 min ago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- CPS to convert Logan Square school into military academy 28 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
57 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without...
25 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from...
28 min ago