Jetpack Wedding: Couple zooms down watery aisle
August 24, 2012 (NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.) (WLS) -- A California bride and groom made quite a splash at their wedding when they made their way down the watery aisle using jetpacks.
Amanda Volf and Grant Engler wore the water-powered packs as they tied the knot in Newport Beach.
Volf is a former wedding planner from Michigan, and she says she just wanted to do something different. So the couple donned the $90,000 contraptions along with a wetsuit for the groom and white board shorts and a rash-guard shirt for the bride.
"I never really dreamed of my wedding, but if I did I think this would be it," Volf said.
The couple is honeymooning in Costa Rica. They plan to try zip lining there. No word if they're bringing the jetpacks.
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Governor, Mayor in high-stakes game of Chicago hold 'em
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos