Jetpack Wedding: Couple zooms down watery aisle
August 24, 2012 (NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.) (WLS) -- A California bride and groom made quite a splash at their wedding when they made their way down the watery aisle using jetpacks.
Amanda Volf and Grant Engler wore the water-powered packs as they tied the knot in Newport Beach.
Volf is a former wedding planner from Michigan, and she says she just wanted to do something different. So the couple donned the $90,000 contraptions along with a wetsuit for the groom and white board shorts and a rash-guard shirt for the bride.
"I never really dreamed of my wedding, but if I did I think this would be it," Volf said.
The couple is honeymooning in Costa Rica. They plan to try zip lining there. No word if they're bringing the jetpacks.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer