Husband puts up billboard: 'Hire My Wife'
August 31, 2012 (TOLEDO, Ohio) (WLS) -- An Ohio man is helping his wife find employment in a creative way: he put up a giant billboard that reads, ''Please hire my wife.''
Holly Stuard lost her job six months ago at the University of Toledo due to budget cuts. So her husband Brandon ordered the billboard without first telling his wife.
"I think I definitely would have said no," Holly said. "I would have thought it would have been too embarrassing to have my face up on a billboard, but now I'm having fun with it and hopefully a good opportunity will come out of it."
"I wanted to do something," said Brandon, "maybe help lift her spirits if nothing else."
Holly has two college degrees and hopes to get back into the business field.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus