Red Bull Flutag event at North Avenue Beach canceled
September 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Red Bull Flugtag event that was scheduled Saturday at North Avenue Beach has was canceled, organizers said, due to unsafe water conditions.
There was no word on a possible rescheduling of the event during which people try to launch their hand-made flying machines off a pier and straight into the water below.
More than 35 teams from the Midwest had been set to compete.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting 20 min ago
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party 33 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 41 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Grab a pint or legendary pizza in Beverly
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
56 min ago