Elderly British woman is world's oldest papergirl
September 19, 2012 (WHITE GRIT, Wales) (WLS) -- An elderly British woman is proving that paper routes aren't just for kids.
Eighty-one-year-old Joyce Pugh has been officially recognized as the oldest papergirl in the world by the Guinness Book of World Records.
Pugh has been delivering the Shropshire Star six days a week to residents in the Welsh town of White Grit for more than 40 years.
Pugh says that she usually bikes the route and has covered more than 10,000 miles during her time delivering papers.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
47 min ago
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos