Elderly British woman is world's oldest papergirl
September 19, 2012 (WHITE GRIT, Wales) (WLS) -- An elderly British woman is proving that paper routes aren't just for kids.
Eighty-one-year-old Joyce Pugh has been officially recognized as the oldest papergirl in the world by the Guinness Book of World Records.
Pugh has been delivering the Shropshire Star six days a week to residents in the Welsh town of White Grit for more than 40 years.
Pugh says that she usually bikes the route and has covered more than 10,000 miles during her time delivering papers.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship