Dachshund on a Diet: Rescued mix 'Obie' trying to lose 40 lbs.
September 20, 2012 (PORTLAND, Ore.) (WLS) -- Lots of Americans are struggling with their weight, and one dog in Oregon is no different.
At one point, "Obie" the dachshund mix was up to 77 pounds. Now he's on a strict diet to get him back to a normal size of about 40 pounds.
Foster mom Nora Vanatta volunteered to take on the meaty dog after reading about him on a dachshund rescue Facebook page.
"I just read the story, and I was like, 'I'll take him, he can lose weight, how hard can it be?' I hadn't seen a picture or anything," said Vanatta.
Obie's foster mom says she gets letters and e-mails from people who watch the dog and have become inspired to lose weight too.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game 36 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway 4 min ago
- Heisman Trophy 2013 Finalists: Jameis Winston, NIU's Jordan...
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Eataly Chicago closes for day- one week after opening
- Rich Williamson of Ill. GOP dies at 64
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913 41 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
36 min ago
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest...
44 min ago