Husband, wife trapped in same tree, day apart
PORTER, TX -- A home in Porter, Texas, has become all too familiar to local firefighters. They've been there two days in a row to rescue someone stuck in a tree.
Homeowner Morning Starr Gardner says a woman she hired to trim her tree was trapped 25 feet above ground Sunday afternoon.
The woman tied herself to the tree for safety reasons, but she became tangled in the rope when part of the tree fell. Crews used a ladder to bring the woman down.
She was airlifted to the hospital to be treated for her injuries.
This was the second attempt to trim the tree. Gardner says the woman's husband got stuck in the same tree just yesterday.
"They climbed the tree. They were bringing branches down. They were doing all right," Gardner said. "Then I hear, 'call 911" because he had cut his hand open."
Gardner says the man lost the tips of three fingers when the chainsaw he was using slipped.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Boy, 11, killed in crash after South Side carjacking 5 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 21 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash 32 min ago
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive 36 min ago
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos