Woman shoots husband for threatening to shoot cat, police say
September 25, 2012 (SPRING, TX) -- A Texas woman allegedly shot her husband after he threatened to shoot the family's cat, police said.
Deputy constables say Audrey Deen Miller was arguing with her husband at their Spring, Texas, home around 7:15 a.m. Tuesday when he allegedly threatened to shoot the family's pet cat. That's when officials say Miller pulled out a gun, shooting her husband.
The man was taken by ambulance to Ben Taub Hospital. He is expected to recover.
Miller, 42, was taken into custody by the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office. She's been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
The cat was unharmed.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos