Minnesota mom loses diamond in pit of corn kernels
October 9, 2012 (BROOKLYN PARK, Minn.) (WLS) -- A Minnesota mom took her kids to a corn maze for some autumn fun, but she ended up with a challenge harder than finding a needle in a haystack: She had to look for a diamond in a pit of kernels.
Karilyn Miller dipped her hand into a pit of corn kernels as her children were playing. Her wedding ring slipped off.
There are signs around the farm warning visitors to remove jewelry.
Many strangers helped look through seven truck loads full of corn three-feet deep.
Finally, a metal detector finally started buzzing, and the diamond was found.
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking STL Game 1 in 3OTs 1 min ago
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos