Spandex too 'distracting' for students at Minnesota high school
November 13, 2012 (MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.) (WLS) -- A war on spandex? One high school in Minnesota is taking on leggings.
Principal Dave Adney isn't trying to ban the article of clothing. His problem is with how the girls are wearing spandex.
Adney explains that the fashion staple used to be worn to be covered up with long tops. But now students are showing their bottoms.
"If you choose to wear it because it's more relaxing, I understand it, but let's wear something a little longer that covers up a little bit more of the body," Adney said. "Every day it's distracting to a wide variety of boys and girls in school."
Adney adds the leggings have become a distraction to other students.
So far, the school's board has not taken up the matter.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 18 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 To Go 12-19-13
23 min ago