Spandex too 'distracting' for students at Minnesota high school
November 13, 2012 (MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.) (WLS) -- A war on spandex? One high school in Minnesota is taking on leggings.
Principal Dave Adney isn't trying to ban the article of clothing. His problem is with how the girls are wearing spandex.
Adney explains that the fashion staple used to be worn to be covered up with long tops. But now students are showing their bottoms.
"If you choose to wear it because it's more relaxing, I understand it, but let's wear something a little longer that covers up a little bit more of the body," Adney said. "Every day it's distracting to a wide variety of boys and girls in school."
Adney adds the leggings have become a distraction to other students.
So far, the school's board has not taken up the matter.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD