Spiderman unmasked after purse-snatching attempt
November 16, 2012 (FRESNO, Calif.) -- A man is in the Merced County Jail accused of committing a crime while dressed as a superhero.
Officers brought Daniel Bradley to the jail wearing a Spiderman costume. The 21-year-old is accused of trying to steal a woman's purse over the weekend in Merced.
Investigators say Bradley was wearing a jacket over his costume during the attempted robbery, and the victim thought she saw a gun tucked in his sleeve.
Police say she ran away and screamed for help. They later caught Bradley, and found the jacket and a metal pipe in the bushes.
Investigators say Bradley told them the costume was part of his disguise.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77