Driving dogs put paws to the pedal
December 5, 2012 (WLS) -- They say ''you can't teach an old dog new tricks,'' but some animal rights activists in New Zealand are proving the old idiom wrong by teaching dogs how to drive.
Putting their paws to the pedal are "Monty," "Ginny" and "Porter."
The three shelter dogs have been taking driving lessons for the past eight weeks. They will soon show off their skills live on television in New Zealand.
The campaign is part of a push by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals to encourage more people to give rescued animals a home.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake