Driving dogs put paws to the pedal
December 5, 2012 (WLS) -- They say ''you can't teach an old dog new tricks,'' but some animal rights activists in New Zealand are proving the old idiom wrong by teaching dogs how to drive.
Putting their paws to the pedal are "Monty," "Ginny" and "Porter."
The three shelter dogs have been taking driving lessons for the past eight weeks. They will soon show off their skills live on television in New Zealand.
The campaign is part of a push by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals to encourage more people to give rescued animals a home.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 29 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores 35 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays 16 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
29 min ago
- 7 in :77
1 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos