Driving dogs put paws to the pedal
December 5, 2012 (WLS) -- They say ''you can't teach an old dog new tricks,'' but some animal rights activists in New Zealand are proving the old idiom wrong by teaching dogs how to drive.
Putting their paws to the pedal are "Monty," "Ginny" and "Porter."
The three shelter dogs have been taking driving lessons for the past eight weeks. They will soon show off their skills live on television in New Zealand.
The campaign is part of a push by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals to encourage more people to give rescued animals a home.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 43 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
19 min ago