Keyless remote triggers car explosion
January 29, 2013 (STONEHAM, Mass.) (WLS) -- A woman in Massachusetts tried to unlock her car trunk using a keyless remote... and the car exploded.
It happened in the parking lot of a supermarket.
The blast destroyed the woman's Honda Civic and sent people running to the parking lot to see what had happened.
A bomb squad responded and determined the woman's boyfriend put welding equipment in the trunk. The keyless remote set off a tiny electrical charge that caused it to blow up.
No one was hurt.
- Dangerous cold doesn't deter fans from Bears game 3 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 31 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- Dangerous cold doesn't deter fans from...
3 min ago