California mayor arrested after high-priced milkshake rant
February 7, 2013 (ATWATER, Calif.) (WLS) -- The mayor of Atwater, California, is probably wishing he didn't stop for a milkshake.
Craig Mooneyham is now facing a misdemeanor charge after allegedly going on a rant when he was charged $7 for his banana shake.
Witnesses say, when another customer told him to cool it, Mooneyham challenged him to a fight.
Police traced Mooneyham to his home, where he answered the door without wearing pants.
Officers say Mooneyham refused to take a field sobriety test.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos