Hot coffee thwarts Dunkin Donuts robber
March 5, 2013 (WEST HAVEN, Conn.) (WLS) -- A Dunkin Donuts employee in Connecticut stopped a robbery with the closet weapon available: hot coffee.
- SURVEILLANCE VIDEO: Worker throws coffee in robber's face
Police are looking for the man seen in surveillance video Saturday night.
Authorities say the robber pulled up to the drive-through window and asked for change for a $100 bill. When the worker refused, the man announced it was a robbery and tried to climb through the window.
The worker first tried to shut the window on him before tossing a cup of hot coffee in his face. When that didn't stop him, the clerk grabbed a whole pot of coffee and threw it at him.
The man got away empty-handed.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home