15-pound baby born in Great Britain, lives despite odds
March 28, 2013 (WLS) -- A 15-pound, 7 ounce baby boy born to a mom in Great Britain is doing well. And he's only put on one more pound in six weeks.
George arrived in February, weighing about twice the size of the average baby. His mother put up the newborn-sized clothes she had waiting for him. He went straight into 3 to 6 month old items.
Mom said she had a natural birth, but it was difficult and a bit scary because no one realized he'd be this big.
"His shoulders got stuck and that's when everything sort of kicked off. There was about 20 odd doctors in the room, and that's when it got really scary," Jade King, mother, said.
George was without oxygen for about five minutes, and had only a 10-percent chance of survival, doctors said. But after four weeks of intensive care, he's gotten normal results from an MRI.
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher reported missing 15 min ago
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica 32 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos