15-pound baby born in Great Britain, lives despite odds
March 28, 2013 (WLS) -- A 15-pound, 7 ounce baby boy born to a mom in Great Britain is doing well. And he's only put on one more pound in six weeks.
George arrived in February, weighing about twice the size of the average baby. His mother put up the newborn-sized clothes she had waiting for him. He went straight into 3 to 6 month old items.
Mom said she had a natural birth, but it was difficult and a bit scary because no one realized he'd be this big.
"His shoulders got stuck and that's when everything sort of kicked off. There was about 20 odd doctors in the room, and that's when it got really scary," Jade King, mother, said.
George was without oxygen for about five minutes, and had only a 10-percent chance of survival, doctors said. But after four weeks of intensive care, he's gotten normal results from an MRI.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 7 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 12 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos