'Just looking' fee charged to store customers in Australia
March 28, 2013 (BRISBANE, Australia) (WLS) -- A store in Australia has a simple message for anyone who wants to just window shop: pay up or get out.
"It's not extreme," said the owner of Celiac Supplies, "because people are coming into the shop, they say, 'I'm just looking,' but what they're saying is, I want information, I want it free."
A sign on display at Celiac Supplies -- a gluten-free store -- says a $5 fee will be charged for anyone who is "just looking."
The shop owner says she's trying to stop "showrooming," where people come in, get information from her and then buy the same product online or elsewhere for less.
The owner adds, the $5 fee will be deducted from the bill when a customer buys something.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- World mourns Nelson Mandela
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Local teams playing for Pop Warner football championships
- Chicago speed cameras added on North, South Sides
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Hanover Park man charged with indecent solicitation gets $250K...
- Victim ID'd, 2nd car sought after fatal Skokie tree crash
- Loop attorney, nephew charged with sex assault of man
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open in...
22 min ago
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next...
40 min ago