'Just looking' fee charged to store customers in Australia
March 28, 2013 (BRISBANE, Australia) (WLS) -- A store in Australia has a simple message for anyone who wants to just window shop: pay up or get out.
"It's not extreme," said the owner of Celiac Supplies, "because people are coming into the shop, they say, 'I'm just looking,' but what they're saying is, I want information, I want it free."
A sign on display at Celiac Supplies -- a gluten-free store -- says a $5 fee will be charged for anyone who is "just looking."
The shop owner says she's trying to stop "showrooming," where people come in, get information from her and then buy the same product online or elsewhere for less.
The owner adds, the $5 fee will be deducted from the bill when a customer buys something.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 26 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 43 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 23 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
24 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
26 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
43 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
32 min ago