Google Nose April Fool's prank promises search for smells
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Google says smelling is believing. As an April Fool's joke, Google launched a new ''Google Nose'' product that promises to be the ''new scentsation in search.''
"Coming to your senses: go beyond type, talk, and touch for a new notation of sensation," the page says. "Your internet sommelier: expertly curated Knowledge Panels pair images, descriptions, and aromas.
"Take a whiff: the Google Aromabase - 15M+ scentibytes," Google Nose touts. "Don't ask, don't smell: For when you're wary of your query - SafeSearch included."
The fragrant Google experience promises to help you search out that smell and pinpoint its olfactory origin.
Features also include:
Street Sense vehicles have inhaled and indexed millions of atmospheric miles. Android Ambient Odor Detection collects smells via the world's most sensible mobile operating system.
SMELLCD 1.8+ high-resolution compatible for precise and controlled odors.
More info at http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/nose/
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos