Google Nose April Fool's prank promises search for smells
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Google says smelling is believing. As an April Fool's joke, Google launched a new ''Google Nose'' product that promises to be the ''new scentsation in search.''
"Coming to your senses: go beyond type, talk, and touch for a new notation of sensation," the page says. "Your internet sommelier: expertly curated Knowledge Panels pair images, descriptions, and aromas.
"Take a whiff: the Google Aromabase - 15M+ scentibytes," Google Nose touts. "Don't ask, don't smell: For when you're wary of your query - SafeSearch included."
The fragrant Google experience promises to help you search out that smell and pinpoint its olfactory origin.
Features also include:
Street Sense vehicles have inhaled and indexed millions of atmospheric miles. Android Ambient Odor Detection collects smells via the world's most sensible mobile operating system.
SMELLCD 1.8+ high-resolution compatible for precise and controlled odors.
More info at http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/nose/
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 41 min ago
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 25 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 14 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 6 min ago
- 7 in :77