Airline weighs passengers to determine cost of flight
April 2, 2013 (WLS) -- How much you weigh is how much you pay to fly Samoa Airlines.
The airline is charging people by the kilo instead of the seat. Under the airline's pay what you weigh system, passengers put their weight into the online booking section of the airline's website. The rates start at $1 per kilo, which is a buck for 2.2 pounds. The fare is the weight of the passenger plus the weight of their luggage.
The company's chief executive says this is the fairest way.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 11 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages 51 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
3 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos