Airline weighs passengers to determine cost of flight
April 2, 2013 (WLS) -- How much you weigh is how much you pay to fly Samoa Airlines.
The airline is charging people by the kilo instead of the seat. Under the airline's pay what you weigh system, passengers put their weight into the online booking section of the airline's website. The rates start at $1 per kilo, which is a buck for 2.2 pounds. The fare is the weight of the passenger plus the weight of their luggage.
The company's chief executive says this is the fairest way.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 30 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 31 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
24 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
30 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
31 min ago