Coma request for Bob Seger tickets granted after 5-year semi coma
April 12, 2013 (AUBURN HILLS, Mich.) (WLS) -- When a senior citizen in Michigan awoke from a five-year semi-coma, the first words out of her mouth were that she wanted to go to a Bob Seger in concert.
That was nearly two years ago. And on Thursday night, that wish finally became a reality. And she even got to meet the man himself.
"He come over to me and put his hand out and shook my hand and says, 'Hi Evie, I'm so glad to meet you,' and I said, 'Oh Bob, I am so happy to meet you, I never thought this would happen,'" said 79-year-old Evie Branan.
Branan's nursing home and Bob Seger's management company got her tickets and sent her and some friends in a limo ride to the concert. And she was given a backstage pass, which got her close enough to meet the rock star.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD