Giant floating 'head' found by college crew team
April 25, 2013 (POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.) -- The Marist College men's crew team made an unusual discovery during practice -- a giant 'head' made of styrofoam and glass floating in the Hudson River.
Officials at Marist College in Poughkeepsie say the coach spotted a large object floating near the river's west bank. He hooked a rope to it and towed it to the team's dock on the east bank.
The object turned out to be a 7-foot-tall replica of a man's head made with Styrofoam and fiberglass. The head has the appearance of a Greek or Roman-style statue.
College officials believe it's a theater prop, but so far no one has come forward to claim the giant head.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- Derrick Rose No. 3 in NBA Jersey sales 15 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77