Giant floating 'head' found by college crew team
April 25, 2013 (POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.) -- The Marist College men's crew team made an unusual discovery during practice -- a giant 'head' made of styrofoam and glass floating in the Hudson River.
Officials at Marist College in Poughkeepsie say the coach spotted a large object floating near the river's west bank. He hooked a rope to it and towed it to the team's dock on the east bank.
The object turned out to be a 7-foot-tall replica of a man's head made with Styrofoam and fiberglass. The head has the appearance of a Greek or Roman-style statue.
College officials believe it's a theater prop, but so far no one has come forward to claim the giant head.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 57 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All