Henry Gribbohm loses life savings at carnival, wins giant stuffed banana with dreadlocks
April 30, 2013 (MANCHESTER, NH) (WLS) -- A New Hampshire man says he lost his $2600 life savings on a carnival game and all he has to show for it is a stuffed banana with dreadlocks.
Henry Gribbohm took his kids to a Manchester, New Hampshire carnival and was playing a game called "Tubs of Fun" to win an Xbox Kinect.
He says his practice tries were easy but when he played for real, the balls didn't work the same way. Gribbohm kept trying to win his money back, dropping $300 in just a few minutes.
He then went home and got his $2300 dollar nest egg and lost all of that money too.
"It's not possible that it wasn't rigged," he said.
The operator gave him back $600 and a giant banana. He filed a police report and an investigation is underway.
- South suburbs on alert after series of attacks
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Crowds descend on Rome ahead of canonization
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrigley Field anniversary cake tossed in dumpster
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 5 CPS schools to begin offering mariachi classes
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Hinsdale woman featured in People magazine
- All Southland College Prep seniors accepted to college
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- abcnews: Avril Lavigne Slammed for New Video