Henry Gribbohm loses life savings at carnival, wins giant stuffed banana with dreadlocks
April 30, 2013 (MANCHESTER, NH) (WLS) -- A New Hampshire man says he lost his $2600 life savings on a carnival game and all he has to show for it is a stuffed banana with dreadlocks.
Henry Gribbohm took his kids to a Manchester, New Hampshire carnival and was playing a game called "Tubs of Fun" to win an Xbox Kinect.
He says his practice tries were easy but when he played for real, the balls didn't work the same way. Gribbohm kept trying to win his money back, dropping $300 in just a few minutes.
He then went home and got his $2300 dollar nest egg and lost all of that money too.
"It's not possible that it wasn't rigged," he said.
The operator gave him back $600 and a giant banana. He filed a police report and an investigation is underway.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 54 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 10 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 9 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked 34 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe 52 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 40 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 16 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
54 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
9 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture...
40 min ago