105-year-old 'bacon woman' rides in Wienermobile
May 7, 2013 (RICHLAND SPRINGS, Texas) (WLS) -- 105-year-old 'bacon woman' Pearl Cantrell got to ride in the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.
"I love bacon, I could eat it for every meal -- and I do!" Pearl Cantrell said. Bacon is the secret to her long, happy life, she says. "I want other people to eat bacon, I tell them to. My kids all eat it."
Oscar Mayer heard her, and took a special interest in the feisty bacon-loving granny. Cantrell got to ride shot-bun in the Wienermobile through Richland Springs, Texas.
"I will never, ever forget it, as long as I live," Cantrell said.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 1 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby 6 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 23 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Chicago airports rank poorly for on-time departures 25 min ago
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
6 min ago